In Nomine Domini Archives
*
In Nomine Domini
1. Who are you? I'm Maggie, full name Margaret Patricia Veronica. I'm a 22-year-old graduate of Ohio University. The party school to end all party schools, and I don't party! Ah, the irony. I got my degree magna cum laude from the Scripps School of Journalism, which is one of the nicer programs at OU.
I've moved back home to work and attend the School of Library and Information Science at Kent. "Home" is in Hudson, Ohio, a nice little New England-esque town south of Cleveland and north of Akron. I'm a graduate, class of '03 of Hudson High School, so if anyone reading this is an alum, drop me a line. I have no clue when our reunion is.
I have two little brothers. Anthony (or as we call him, Andy) is 18, a Marine, and is studying at Miami University at Oxford, Ohio. He will be an officer with a presidential commission in the Corps after he graduates. Arthur is 16 and is enrolled back at my alma mater.
I also have an identical twin sister, Sister Mary Amata of the Divine Love of Jesus, born Elizabeth Patricia Mary. She is 22 like me, of course, and recently entered the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, a Franciscan community with Dominican influences in Irondale, Alabama, a short drive from EWTN. Before she entered the religious life, she was a student at the Elliott School of International Affairs in The George Washington University in Washington, D.C.; a member of AmeriCorps, serving in the DC metro area; and had her own blog, A Little Flower Garden, which was beloved by many.
I've been considering a religious vocation myself. I am currently looking at these communities: the Carmelite Nuns of St. Louis, the Buffalo Carmelites, St. Cecilia's Abbey (in England!) and, most of all, my very favorite community, my sister's order, the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word.
2. Well, you didn't have to give me your whole life story. What are all these pretty pictures on your pages? The picture of Mary holding Jesus is Our Lady of Mount Carmel. She is one of my favorites, and I was baptized, shriven, and received first Holy Communion in Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church in Ridgewood, New Jersey. The image of the Virgin in the clouds, holding Jesus, is Regina Angelorum (Queen of the Angels) by William Bouguereau (19th century painter) my all-time favorite artist. The interesting picture of the angels playing the organ is from the Ghent Atlarpiece, as is the picture on this page of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and most of the other images I use. I just have a thing for the Ghent Altarpiece, what can I say?
